and Breakfast Amenities / The Wheelchair Accessible Features of the Fireweed Suite
The many amenities at our Alaska bed and breakfast make it an ideal destination for your family vacation in Anchorage.
We also welcome business travelers and provide amenities specifically chosen to make you feel at home while you’re on the road.
If you or a traveling companion requires handicap accessible accommodations, please see the accessible features of our Fireweed Suite below.
Amenities at Camai Bed and Breakfast:
- Queen beds with luxury linens
- Suites have option of two additional twin beds
- Blackout shades in all sleeping rooms
- White noise machine in each bedroom (even though they are quiet bedrooms)
- Full private bathrooms with bath tub/shower
- Alarm clock/radio
- Private phone w/voice mail in each room
- Free local calls
- Flat screen satellite TV with DVD
- Extensive DVD library—free use
- Private entrance to Rose and to Fireweed Suites
- Ironing board and iron in each suite
- Wi-Fi throughout the entire bed and breakfast
- Guest office with computer
- Freezer space
- Hairdryer in each suite
- Microwave in each suite
- Small refrigerator in each suite
- Guest laundry services (additional fee)
- Full breakfast (summers)
- Expanded continental breakfast (winters)
- Accommodation for special needs breakfast with advance notice
- Early breakfast to-go provided with advance notice
- Coffee maker in each suite
- Coffee to go, as requested
- Private decks for enjoying the late-in-the-day summer sun
- Cozy two-person outside hot tub
- Off-street parking for Rose and Fireweed Suites
- Environmentally friendly considerations
Features of the Fireweed Suite:
The Fireweed Suite of Camai Bed and Breakfast has some wheelchair accessible features. The accessibility features include an entrance to the suite via a ramp from the suite’s designated off-street parking. The ramp has hand railings on both of its sides.
The kitchenette’s appliances and sink are within reach of a person in a wheelchair. The kitchenette's appliances include a microwave, a small refrigerator, and a toaster oven. The door frames are at least 30 inches in width. The telephone, light switches, and thermostats are within reach from wheelchair.
The bathroom of the suite has a taller toilet with a grab bar to the right and a grab bar behind. The bathtub has a hand-held showerhead, two grab bars, and a shower stool with transfer board.
In the bedroom of the Fireweed Suite, the closet has a rail at a lower height so a person in a wheelchair can easily hang clothing.
If requested, a full breakfast during the summer is served to the Fireweed Suite guests in the kitchenette, where a guest in a wheelchair can use the height-appropriate eating counter. In the winter a large continental breakfast is served at the counter.
A guest may use the kitchenette’s counter to check e-mail using the free Wi-Fi which is located throughout Camai Bed and Breakfast.
If you have questions concerning any details of the accessibility features, please e-mail Caroline for clarification.